Social Media House Rules
We want Strawberry Cottage social media pages to be open, welcoming and constructive environments where you can get involved. The following has been collated to share how we aim to provide quality environment(s) for our fans/followers. Please take a minute to read them and keep them in mind whenever you participate.
Our Social Media Community Managers work diligently to post accurate, timely, relevant content to build communities that give an understanding of Strawberry Cottage.
As part of this we welcome your opinions both positive and negative. We know that you may not always necessarily agree with us or other participants but we ask that you treat everyone within these communities with respect.
If you have a question that we are unable to answer publicly through the social media account you have contacted us for privacy reasons you will be directed to one of our trained customer service advisers who can discuss individual circumstances in detail.
We also hope that where appropriate you will share content (such as images and videos) and commentary that is both relevant and respectful to the community as a whole. We cannot take responsibility for the content published by fans/followers and we assume that anyone sharing this user generated content has the right to do so, for example has permission of the photographed individuals. Please do not post images/videos you do not have permission to post, including images/videos of children without the permission of a parent or guardian. By sharing images, video, or other material on our channels, you grant permission for us to use your content in our marketing material, but you will be contacted if this happens.
We would like our social media communities to bring people together and offer opportunities to interact with others. However we do not endorse any opinions on our social media channels not specifically posted by our team and we are not responsible for the accuracy of any of the claims, information, advice or comments posted by fans/followers on our channels and accept no responsibility for any resulting loss or damage.
When participating in our social media communities please remember:
Your content is public
Once your comment is online it is in the public domain – everyone with internet access can read it. Don’t forget that you are legally responsible for what you submit.
Please keep your own personal details safe and respect people’s privacy by not submitting confidential or private information. For example, publicly posting telephone numbers, email addresses or any other contact details.
Spamming us repetitively with the same point (even after we’ve made an effort to engage with you and address your issues), deters other followers from engaging with us. This behaviour will not be tolerated.
You must not make or encourage comments which are:
- Abusive, harassing, stalking, threatening or attacking others
- Defamatory, offensive, obscene, vulgar or depicting violence
- Hateful in language targeting race/ethnicity, religion, gender, nationality or political beliefs
- Fraudulent, deceptive, misleading or unlawful
- Violations of any intellectual property rights
- Uploading files that contain viruses or programs that could damage the operation of other people’s computers
- Link baiting (embedding a link in your post to draw traffic to your own site)
Any postings must be relevant to Strawberry Cottage. Unsolicited postings that advertise a commercial service or product will be removed.
Removal of content, warnings and suspensions
If you breach any of the above rules we will take the following steps:
- Strawberry Cottage will always try to resolve an issue first with anyone who violates the house rules.
- If Strawberry Cottage social media community manager needs to moderate or delete posts, we will always explain our reasons for doing so, pointing to the relevant section of this policy.
- We reserve the right to ban fans/followers from our social media communities for serious violations or repeat violations of this policy.
It’s very rare that we need to enforce these rules, but we hope you understand the reasons. Thank you for your understanding and support in making our social media communities a productive and enjoyable experience for everyone involve.
We reserve the right to change these terms and conditions at any point, not least because things change so fast in the online environment. If they are important to you, please check back regularly.